Friday, May 30, 2008

Managing Geeks when You Aren't One Yourself

A little flattery goes a long way.

A new friend of ours decided to peruse this blog and just sent us the nicest email about the Net Neutrality post (below) but also my Inc. Technology article on sales training for geeks (two posts down).

Which serves as a good reminder. One reason I glommed onto the Geek Gap as a topic in the first place is that I do a lot of business technology writing, and it seemed to me that nearly everything I wrote about related in one way or another to the fact that geeks and suits can't seem to understand each other, communicate clearly or work together effectively.

I still do a lot of writing that one way or another relates to the Geek Gap...but for some foolish reason I don't usually post links here. So OK, here's another one, also from Inc.com on how to manage technology people if you're not one yourself.

The best part, of course, is that I got to quote "The IT Crowd"...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home